Beauty Duo Pixiwoo take some time out to chat to us about the world of video blogging and becoming beauty tutorial Youtube sensations.
Interview: Fiona Ward
1. Tell us about your introduction into makeup artistry, did you always want to be makeup artists?
Our auntie was (still is) a MUA called Maggie Hunt so we were really inspired by her.
2. How did the idea for Pixiwoo come about?
Sam was asked by a friend how to do a smoky eye. Rather than just email her back with a description Sam decided to record a video.
Her friend loved it and Sam decided to do more!
3. The response to your Youtube channel has been incredible; did you expect this kind of success when you decided to film tutorials?
Never, we are so blessed that we started to record tutorials when we did as it’s a much harder industry to break into now.
4. Do you have a favourite experience that has come out of your Youtube channel?
So many really but more recently we got to visit a young lady who has been very ill in hospital. She is a Pixiwoo fan so she was so happy and we loved spending time with her.
5. What are both of your favourite makeup looks to create?
Nic: glamour, flawless skin with a polished red lip.
Sam: A creative look or messy glossy eye.
6. If you could choose anybody, who would you most love to work with?
Would love to go back in time to the 50’s and work on all the amazingly beautiful Hollywood icons..particularly Liz Taylor and Marilyn Monroe
7. What are the products that you always come back to using and why?
Embryolisse-perfect moisturiser for dry skin.
8. Do you have any tips for simple summer beauty?
Multi use products such as lip and cheek tints and a bronzing BB cream such as the new one by Bourjois.
9. What’s the best piece of beauty advice you can give?
Layering small amounts of product for longevity.
10. Are there any exciting projects you have lined up for the future you can tell us about?
Our schedule is mental and it changes weekly so we never know whats in store!